Pentax 21277 55 – 300 mm HD DA F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE Telephoto Zoom Lens – Black
A compact, lightweight standard zoom lens for use with PENTAX K-mount digital SLR cameras. The Pentax 21277 55 – 300 mm HD DA F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE Telephoto Zoom Lens – Black offers a short minimum focusing distance of 0.95 m. It features KAF4, which is PENTAX’s first K-mount with an electromagnetic diaphragm control system for a quiet sound operation during movie recording. The lens also has a rear focus system and PLM (pulse motor), direct drive lead screw system for high-speed AF.
Thanks to its collapsible structure, this lens is compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry even with limited space. Its weather-resistant construction ensures durability and reliability, allowing you to shoot outdoors without worry. The lens is equipped with ED lens elements for brilliant sharpness and saturated colors. The HD coating optimizes light transmittance and minimizes reflection, resulting in high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness and no flare or ghost images.
The Pentax 21277 55 – 300 mm HD DA F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE Telephoto Zoom Lens – Black also features the Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows you to instantly change the AF mode to MF by twisting the focus ring. The lens has a rounded diaphragm that produces a beautiful bokeh effect. Additionally, it has the SP (super protect) coating applied to the front surface to effectively repel water and grease.
This lens is compatible with various PENTAX K-mount digital SLR cameras, including K-1 Mark II, KP, K-70, K-1, K-3 II, K-3, K-S2, K-S1, and K-50. However, for K-1, K-3 II, K-3, K-S2, K-S1, and K-50, the camera’s firmware must be upgraded to the latest version to ensure proper functionality. Without the firmware upgrade, the diaphragm control mechanism of the lens becomes inactive, making it impossible to obtain correct exposure.
- LENS HOOD PH-RBK 58
- PENTAX LENS CAP O-LC58
- LENS MOUNT CAP K
About this item
- In-Camera Shake Reduction (SR): The Pentax digital SLR K series cameras are equipped with the SR mechanism built into the camera body. Because shake reduction is applied in the camera body, any lens compatible with the K-Series cameras will benefit from image stabilization.
- High-speed AF: By adopting a pulse motor (PLM), this zoom lens operates approximately 8.3 times faster at the wide-angle end and approximately 1.7 times faster at the telephoto end than the previous model.
- HD coating to enhance imaging power: Produce high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness and free of flare and ghost images.
- Weather-resistant: Simple drip-proof construction for high reliability even when shooting outdoors.
- Close up shooting: High-quality optics provide a minimum focusing distance of 0.95 meters, expanding the range of photographic applications.
- Super protect coating: Pentax-original SP coating uses fluorine treatment on the front surface of the lens to prevent adhesion of dust, water drops, grease, and other substances.
- Compact and lightweight: Thanks to its retractable structure, the lens is only 89 mm long and weighs just 442 grams, making it extremely compact and handy to carry even with limited space.
- Quick-shift focus system: Allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
- Kaf 4 mount: This lens features a Kaf4 lens Mount compatible with an electromagnetic diaphragm control system.
What’s in the box
- Front lens cap
- Lens mount cap
- Lens hood PH-RBK58